Let’s face it, playlist makers. Of all the playlists you create throughout the year, the most important is the one you come up with for St. Valentine’s Day. Picking the right mood songs and placing them in proper order could change your destiny, and set your ship of life sailing on that stormy sea known as matrimony.
And who better to advise you on the intricate details of the ultimate amore playlist than that expert in all affairs of the heart but the motor city madman himself – Ted Nugent?
You gotta admit, the man sure does know the ways of love. As the author of sensitive and poignant numbers such as “Cat Scratch Fever,” “Dog Eat Dog” and “Yank Me, Crank Me,” the Nuge has long shown his devotion to love by coming up with some of the greatest rock songs of the past 30-plus years.
What’s on Nugent’s playlist? He’s included a few of his own masterpieces, those sonic thunder blasts that have sent more than one couple to the altar over the years. But he’s also included numbers by AC/DC, Percy Sledge, The Rolling Stones and Cheap Trick as well.
So without any further delay, here it is:
1. “Wang Dang Doodle” – Howlin’ Wolf
2. “The Flame” - Cheap Trick
3. “Whole Lotta Rosie” - AC/DC
4. “Wango Tango” – Ted Nugent
5. “When A Man Loves A Woman” - Percy Sledge
6. “I’ve Been Lovin’ You Too Long” - Otis Redding
7. “Feels Like The First Time” - Foreigner
8. “My Love Is Like A Tire Iron” – Ted Nugent
9. “Brown Sugar” – The Rolling Stones
10. “Wang Dang Sweet Poontang” – Ted Nugent
Gosh, can’t you just imagine a diaper-clad Nugent shooting his Cupid arrows of love at unsuspecting, lonely people? Or, if there aren’t any lonely people around, maybe a deer or two. Venison goes great as a St. Valentine’s Day dinner entrée.