Kanye West’s management problems; judge dismisses wife-stealing lawsuit filed against Journey; White Stripes from back in the day; Rock Camp in the Wolverine State; Cecil Taylor’s home-sweet-home; and the Archie gang meets Glee are just some of the things you might have missed on this fine July Monday.
• The case of the wife who ran away with a rock star – Judge dismisses $50 million lawsuit filed by husband against Neil Schon and Journey – Northern Virginia Daily
Save Mart Center, Fresno, Calif.
October 12, 2011
• Relive the days of yesteryear with a recording of the first ever White Stripes live performance – Third Man Records
• Rock Camp comes to Northern Michigan. Northern, northern Michigan – Upper Michigan Source
• Has the cost to produce live theatre driven award winning theatres to close? – Examiner
BET Awards, Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, Calif.
July 1, 2012
• Is Kanye West unmanageable? Does a bear … well, you know – New York Daily News
• Alan Jackson, Avett Brothers to Arkansas Music Pavilion – “A lineup with Night Ranger, Scorpions, and Def Leppard would be incredible if improbable, but hey, it never hurts to ask.” – Arkansas Times
• Here comes trouble. Those kids from Riverdale High are hanging with the Glee crowd – MSNBC
• 20-year-old MXPX walks down Memory Lane
• Famed pianist Cecil Taylor is very happy to be home – The Brooklyn Rail