Florence & The Machine, Pussy Riot, Kenny Chesney fans, MTV Video Music Awards, American Country Awards and a city with too many music festivals are just some of the things you might have missed today.
• Looks as if Florence wants some time off from The Machine – OK! Magazine
• Yet another article about Pussy Riot and why the Russian punk band is important as well as how Russia’s sentencing band members to two years in prison further demonstrates how out-of-touch the country is – AsiaSociety.org
• Guess some of Hank Williams Jr.’s rowdy friends made it to the weekend’s Kenny Chesney / Tim McGraw show on the East Coast – Boston Globe / Boston.com
• San Diego has way too many music festivals scheduled for Labor Day. Aren’t you glad you don't have to make so many difficult entertainment decisions? – UTSanDiego.com
• Rihanna, Frank Ocean added to MTV Video Music Awards Lineup. Or so says MTV – MTV.com
• While we’re talking about awards, did you hear that Trace Adkins and Kristin Chenoweth will host the American Country Awards? – American Country Awards